About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Information and Telecommunication Sciences is an international peer-reviewed journal that aims to publish original research articles and reviews. Journal covers urgent theoretical and practical problems of construction and operation of info-communication systems and networks.
Journal publishes articles in the following sections:
- Telecommunication Theory and Signal Processing;
- Construction of Modern and Future Information Exchange Network;
- Wireless Technologies, Systems and Networks;
- Internet of Things;
- Microwave and Terahertz Technology and Fiber-Optic Systems in Telecommunication;
- Management in the Systems and Telecommunication Networks and Their Modeling;
- Technologies and Programming Tools in Telecommunication Systems;
- Merging of Information and Telecommunication Networks and Services;
- Management of Activity and Infrastructure of Information and Communication Services Providers;
- Services and Service Delivery Platforms Design in the Global Environment;
- Development of Web-Technologies, Models, Methods, Protocols and Means of Software Platforms and Services Interaction intellectualization and Productivity Improvement;
- Mathematical methods of artificial intelligence;
- History of Telecommunications and Information Technology.
Peer Review Process
- The review process is carried out by members of the Editorial Board and/or independent experts in relevant fields. Review procedure is double-blind when names of reviewers and authors are not revealed to each other.
- Reviewers evaluate theoretical and methodological level of the paper, its practical value and scientific significance.
- Our journal will first check the plagiarism of a manuscript by using UniCheck after it is submitted.
- The manuscript can be sent for review to several reviewers.
- Typically the manuscript will be reviewed within 30 days.
- The revised version is sent back to the original referees for re-review. The revised manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter that includes a point-by-point response to referees' comments and an explanation of how the manuscript has been changed.
- If author disagree with a reviewer comments they may send a reasoned response.
National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" as the publisher of the scientific journal "Information and Telecommunication Sciences" recognizes the principles developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). And furthermore, the Journal is guided by Code of Honour of the National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”.
The editorial and publication ethics is based on the recognition of universal moral norms that are common to different social groups, their application in the scientific editorial process in order to comply with ethical norms in relations between the main participants of this process - Authors, Editorial Board, Editors, and Reviewers.
The composition of the Editorial Board, indicating the scientific degree and affiliation, is posted in the Journal and on its website. Editorial team regularly informs the members of the Editorial Board about the main issues of the publication preparation, consults them, engages them in articles reviewing, and sends them all Journal’s issues. The Editorial Board accepts and examines complaints concerning compliance with editorial policy and ethics. Corrections, clarifications and apologies are provided when necessary. All documents associated with the examination are stored in the archive.
The Editor, guided by the principles of objectivity regarding the quality of the paper, respect and impartiality on any grounds regarding the author’s personality or affiliation, examines all papers submitted to the editorial office.
In case of non-compliance with the recommendations, the editor sends suggestions to the author in the correct and substantiated manner, while respecting the confidentiality of provided comments.
All accepted articles are sent to the reviewers of the corresponding profile.
The author should submit publication that contains the original research results and their analysis, correct references to the sources used are necessary.
The author should not submit the manuscript that has already been published (submitted for publication) in other editions and contains a description of the same study.
The responsible author should ensure that all persons who have made a significant contribution to the preparation of the publication are included as co-authors.
When the authors revealed an essential errors in the published work, they must immediately notify the editorial team and cooperate with it to correct the errors or recall the document if necessary.
The journal does not get any publication charge for papers. For each author, the publication is free of charge.
If a visitor browses the site without registering (or without an entry under his login), information about him is not remembered on the site. In this case, the visitor can not leave comments and send messages or submit articles for publication using the services of the site of the magazine.
If you registered, you will be identified by your username (login). This username is specified once when registering on the journal's website, when creating an account.
By registering on the magazine's website, you agree to the publication of the journal "Information and Telecommunication Sciences" to the National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute named after Igor Sikorsky" for processing and use of your personal data, in accordance with the Law "On Protection of Personal Data" (Ukraine) specified for registration, solely for the purpose of carrying out the tasks of the journal's site and for correctly indexing articles in various full-text and abstract databases related to the subject matter of the journal. This information is transmitted to third parties only if it is really necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of the journal, to ensure the translation of articles, their indexing in external databases and systems, providing users with additional functionality, etc.
Other registered users of the site can not view the data you specified during registration, except for users who have the role of "Journal Manager". This limitation (the log manager) is associated with the need to configure and maintain the health of the log site. In any case, the password specified by you during registration can not be viewed by any of the users.
Author's Original Version
The author's original version (submitted version) is defined as the un-refereed author version of an article. Authors may reuse the original version of the article anywhere at any time, providing that once the article is accepted they provide a statement of acknowledgement, and that once the article has been published this acknowledgement is updated to provide details such as the volume and issue number, the Digital Object Identifier (DOI), and a link to the published article on the Journal’s website:
"This article has been accepted for publication in Information and Telecommunication Sciences."
Version of Record
The version of record (published version) is defined as a fixed version of the journal article.
Articles in the Journal are published under a CC BY licence. Authors are free to post and distribute their links anywhere including social media such as Facebook, blogs, and Twitter, as well as commercial repositories immediately upon publication. When posting, distributing or reusing articles, the journal should be clearly attributed as the original place of publication and correct citation details should be given. Authors should also deposit the URL of their published article in any repository, in addition to the PDF version. Preferably, the link should be, or include, the DOI.
The journal strongly encourages authors to deposit the version of record instead of the original version.
The journal publishes only the new results of fundamental and applied scientific research on the subjects of the journal, which had not been previously published in other scientific publications in Ukraine or abroad.
Each submission is checked for originality using the UniCheck software. A similarity level higher than 15% may be the reason for rejecting the article (each case is considered individually).